After your arrest, here are some steps you can take:
- Take photos of anything related to the alleged crime.
- Save all text messages, emails, Facebook messages, videos, or statements from the complainant.
- Write down what happened. If this is a crime involving violence, assault, or a sexual allegation, write down all past incidents that happened against you.
- Do not respond to any messages from the complainant.
- Do not share information with your family and friends or other inmates related to your arrest.
- Send all proof of communication and pictures to your lawyer or save it in a cloud drive to ensure that it won’t get lost.